The Ivoryton Playhouse is looking for a Technical Director for its 2021 summer season.
The Technical Director will oversee all technical elements of the 2021 summer season including coordinating scenic builds with the shop, load-ins, tech schedules, and strike. The TD works with the director and designers to facilitate the execution of artistic concept while ensuring production safety and working within budgetary constraints.
Candidates must be organized, experienced in both construction and interpreting drawings, and possess collaborative and problem-solving skills. Ideal candidates will have experience leading teams and constructing intricate scenery. Evening availability and flexibility is a must.
• Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the theatre, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, and communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
• Supervises and assists with set and stage construction, strike, and personnel management.
• Maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies.
• Attends production meetings and technical rehearsals, in order to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of the mounting the show.
• Broad knowledge of carpentry, rigging, tools and theatrical products
• Ability to understand and execute construction drawings, as well as create them
• Ability to collaborate well with others
• Broad range of skills in theater production beyond carpentry
• Degree in technical theatre and/or equivalent professional experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to set goals and accomplish them within tight time constraints
Production meetings begin in April. The summer season runs June 2021 through September 5th.
Option for full time, year-round position.
Candidates interested in this position should email their resume, cover letter, and references to Jacqui Hubbard at email@example.com