Planned Giving – Your Legacy, Our Future
Make Great Theatre a Part of Your Legacy
By including the Ivoryton Playhouse in your estate plans, you will be assuring your own legacy by securing the theatre’s history for future generations. Planned giving allows you the satisfaction of contributing to the important, on-going, and future work of the Playhouse, while providing significant tax and financial benefits to you and your heirs. You can enjoy the benefits of recognition now and know that your legacy will provide artistic excellence for generations to come.
Arranging a planned gift with the Ivoryton Playhouse may also provide tax advantages for your estate while allowing you to share your passion for live theatre. There are many different ways that you can have an impact as a founding member of the Ovation Circle.
A donation as defined in a will that allows you to defer your gift until after your lifetime. This is the most common way to make a planned gift. With the help of your attorney, you will be able to hold on to the full use of your estate, while still making a charitable contribution to the Ivoryton Playhouse Foundation, Inc.
Here are a few examples of how to word your bequest:
• I give, devise, and bequeath to the Ivoryton Playhouse, a not-for-profit corporation currently located in Ivoryton, Connecticut, all the rest, residue and remainder of my estate, both real and personal, to be accepted and used in the discretion of its Board of Directors.
• I give, devise, and bequeath to the Ivoryton Playhouse, a not-for-profit corporation currently located in Ivoryton, Connecticut, ___ percent of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate, both real and personal, to be accepted and used in the discretion of its Board of Directors.
• I give, devise, and bequeath to the Ivoryton Playhouse, a not-for-profit corporation currently located in Ivoryton, Connecticut, the sum of ___ to be accepted and used in the discretion of its Board of Directors.
Making a donation with little cost to you by using your insurance to make a charitable gift. A planned gift of life insurance is another way that you can make a donation to the Ivoryton Playhouse. This type of gift permits you to a beneficial tax deduction. Along with the help of your attorney you can decide how much you would like to donate, and determine if you will use an old policy or simply create a new one.
GIFTS OF REAL ESTATE
A gift of real estate as opposed to a cash donation. This type of contribution allows for even greater tax benefits than cash gifts which allow you to deduct the full fair market value of the real estate, while also reducing estate taxes on assets passed down to your family.
GIFTS OF APPRECIATED SECURITES
Making special donations of stocks or bonds. Contributing your appreciated securities to the Ivoryton Playhouse will give you an immediate charitable deduction for the full present fair market value with no capital gains tax on the appreciation.
Planned giving helps you balance your charitable interests with your financial goals. Because certain types of planned giving can minimize estate and capital gains taxes, provide sizable income tax deductions as well as generate income streams, planned giving permits individuals to support their favorite charities while simultaneously obtaining financial benefits for themselves and other beneficiaries.
Once you match your objectives with the proper gifting vehicle, planned giving allows you the satisfaction of realizing your charitable intent, while continuing to implement the financial plans you have developed for yourself and your family. Given the numerous approaches to planned giving, the Ivoryton Playhouse encourages you to contact your own financial advisor or attorney for further advice, so that you can select the planned giving option that is perfect for you.
How you will benefit by becoming a founding member of the Ivoryton Playhouse Ovation Circle:
• Public acknowledgement
• Listing in Playbill as a member of the Ovation Circle
• Invitation to an exclusive annual recognition event for the Ovation Circle
• Dinner and Backstage tour by special arrangement with Executive Director
One of the greatest benefits to becoming a founding member of the Ovation Circle is your official agreement to support the continuing efforts of the Ivoryton Playhouse, making a contribution towards the future entertainment and education of many generations to come.
Contact Us for Further Information on Planned Giving
If you are interested in becoming a founding member of the Ivoryton Playhouse Ovation Circle or if you would like to learn more about the different ways that you can contribute, please contact: Jacqueline Hubbard, Executive Director or Krista May, Managing Director at 860.767.9520.